Roasted Corn and Lobster Chowder
4. Place lobster tails in boiling salted water to cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove lobster meat from the shells and cut into bite-size pieces.
12 ears roasting corn ( 8 cups 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
roasted kernels) 3 cups fish bouillon or bottled
3 cups chicken broth, divided clam juice
5. Sauté bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Transfer bacon to paper towels. Pour off and discard all but 3 tablespoons of
2-3 SeaMazz frozen lobster tails 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
(enough to yield 1 pound of Salt
lobster meat) Pepper
6. Add onions to the pot and sauté until light golden, about 5 minutes.
Add carrots, celery and cayenne; sauté until vegetables soften slightly, about
8 bacon slices, chopped 6 tablespoons sour cream
2 cups chopped onions 2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup finely diced carrots 3 tablespoons chopped
2/3 cup finely diced celery fresh chives
7. Add fish bouillon or bottled clam juice and 1 3/4 cups chicken broth; simmer
for 10 minutes. Stir in corn puree and whipping cream; simmer for 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Recipe can be prepared to this point
1 day ahead and refrigerated.)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 8. Before serving, add 2 cups roasted corn to the chowder and heat; stir in
2. Pull back the corn husks, leaving them fastened to the stem end. Remove sour cream.
silk. Pull husks back around the corn and tie snugly with string. Lay corn ears in 9. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add lobster meat
a large roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove husks and let cool. Cut off and remaining 2 cups of roasted corn; sauté until just heated through, about
roasted corn kernels. 2 minutes.
3. Puree 4 cups roasted corn with 1 1/4 cups chicken broth in a food processor; 10. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with lobster, roasted corn, bacon and
set aside. chives. Makes 8 servings.