Susan Lamb Parenti
Susan Lamb Parenti brings more than 20 years’
experience in the culinary world to the Swift
& Company product development team. She
heads Parenti Partners, Ltd., a culinary consulting
practice, and served for the National Cattlemen’s
Beef Association, managing various aspects of
the prestigious National Beef Cook-Off and
the Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner ad campaign.
Parenti also co-authored the 200-page Skinny
Mexican Pork Cassoulet
with Chipotle Cream
All recipes developed by Susan Lamb Parenti
1 Swift Natural Pork Tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 15-ounce jar mild salsa
Chopped cilantro and lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1. Cut pork tenderloin crosswise into 2-inch-wide medallions. Press lightly
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place pork
medallions in the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove
and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, cook onion and garlic until tender. Add beans, corn
and salsa; bring to a simmer. Return pork to the skillet and cook for 5-7
minutes, or until heated through.
4. Prepare Chipotle Cream: Combine sour cream and chipotle peppers.
5. Serve cassoulet with Chipotle Cream, garnished with cilantro and lime
wedges. Makes 4 servings.
I Chef’s Choice
Mustard-Pepper-Crusted Pork Rack
1/4 cup country-style Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 7-rib Swift Natural Pork Rack ( 4-5 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine mustard, thyme and pepper; spread evenly over pork roast.
3. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an ovenproof meat
thermometer so the tip is centered in the thickest part, not resting in fat.
Do not add water or cover.
4. Roast for 2-2 1/4 hours, or until the thermometer registers 155°F, for
medium. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes (temperature
will rise to 160°F). Makes 8-10 servings.