3 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese ( 16 ounces)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon
dried parsley flakes
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 15-by-10-by-1-inch pan.
2. Stir together all ingredients until well mixed, using your hands
if necessary. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in the pan.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned. Immediately remove from
the pan. Serve warm. Makes 34 servings ( 8 1/2 dozen).
High Altitude: ( 3,500-6,500 feet) Preheat oven to 375°F. Use 2 1/2 cups
Bisquick mix. Stir 1/2 cup all-purpose flour into Bisquick.
Betty’s Tip: Get a jump start on your party. Make these tasty nibbles up
to a day ahead of time and refrigerate; bake as directed. Or cover and
freeze unbaked balls for up to 1 month. Bake frozen balls for 25-30 minutes,
or until browned.
Spinach Blue Cheese Flatbread
1 loaf Kirkland Signature Garlic Butter Flatbread or
Roasted Garlic Bread*
5 tablespoons olive oil
8 shallots, minced
2 10-ounce packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Bake bread on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots
and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach and cayenne pepper.
5. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in blue cheese.
6. Spread spinach mixture onto bread. Sprinkle evenly with
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread begins
to brown. Remove from the oven and slice. Makes 10-12 servings.
Variation: Add 6 slices cooked and chopped bacon to the
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.