H.J. Heinz Company, manufacturer of a wide array of
condiments, offers products that can easily be adapted
to most occasions, including a tailgate party.
Classico Pizza Rustica
1 16-ounce package hot roll mix
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
Heinz Zesty Walnut Spread
1 26-ounce jar Classico di Napoli (Tomato & Basil) Pasta Sauce
1 It’s always a good idea to pack a little punch in an appetizer
1 /2 cups ( 6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
or two, especially if the weather is cold and dreary.
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
and well drained
11 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
11 egg, slightly beaten
Milk to brush loaf
22 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
11. Preheat oven to 350°F.
22. Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through
11. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, ketchup, lemon juice the kneading step. Cover and let dough rest 5 minutes.
and hot pepper sauce with electric mixer until well blended;
3. In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage;
stir in walnuts. pour off fat. Stir in 11/2 cups pasta sauce and heat through.
Cover; chill. Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.
4. Coat bottom of 9-inch springform pan with vegetable
Makes about 11/2 cups. cooking spray. On lightly floured surface, roll 3/4 of dough into
14-inch circle. Fit into bottom and up sides of pan, allowing
Yoshida Gourmet Meatball Appetizers dough to extend over edges. Pleat dough as necessary to fit.
11 Appetizer-size meatballs are a perfect food choice when tables
5. Sprinkle dough with /2 cup mozzarella. Spoon meat
and chairs are scarce. Remember to pack toothpicks. mixture over cheese. Combine drained spinach, egg and
remaining cheese; spread over meat mixture.
18 ounces of frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
1 cup Yoshida Original Gourmet Sauce
11. Combine ingredients in large skillet.
2. Simmer 5 minutes, or until meatballs are glazed,
stirring to coat evenly. Makes 30-36 appetizers.
6. Roll remaining dough into 9-inch circle; place on top of
filling. Moisten edge of bottom crust with water; fold over
edge of top crust to seal. Brush top with milk; sprinkle with
sesame seeds, if desired. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden
brown. Cool 10 minutes. Makes 8 servings.