ConAgra Foods Picnic German Potato Salad
8 slices lean Armour Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 cups sliced small red potatoes
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons grated red onion with juice
2 teaspoons Spicy Brown Gulden’s Mustard
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 cup sliced green onion
11. Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until
crisp. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Crumble. Set aside.
2. Combine potatoes and water to cover in saucepan. Bring
to boil over high heat. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer
15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
3. Combine mayonnaise, brown sugar, red onion, mustard
and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in vinegar. Add potatoes
and half the crumbled bacon. Toss to combine. Garnish with
remaining bacon and green onion. Makes 12 servings.
MEMORIAL DAY FAMILY REUNION
FROM THE EMPLOYEE’S KITCHEN
Jane Klein-Shucklin’s Hot Italian Sausage
and Pepper Sandwiches
This Costco employee offers an old recipe she adapted
from Tingalings and Dickee Dee’s restaurants in Newark,
2-3 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-size chunks
1 each green, red and yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut in strips
1 large onion, sliced thin
4 Italian sausages, hot or sweet
Salt, pepper and garlic salt
4 kosher hot dogs
8 soft French or sourdough rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Microwave or parboil the potatoes for a few minutes.
3. In a large baking dish, layer potatoes, peppers and onion
with the sausages on top. Drizzle with olive oil so that there
is a nice coating on the bottom of pan. Add salt, pepper and
garlic salt to taste. Halfway through cooking time, stir the
mixture and add hot dogs.
4. Bake 11/4-11/2 hours. The vegetables, sausages and hot
dogs should have a little bit of a roasted color.
5. Place hot dogs or sausages in rolls and add vegetables.
Top with a squirt of mustard and a shake of salt.
Makes 8 servings.