Bill Beeh’s Lamb Mango Tango
The first time this Bellevue, Washington, Costco member
made this recipe was for a special sunset patio dinner with
his wife and mother-in-law. His salsa made the meal.
1. Peel mangoes and remove seeds. Cut papayas in half and
remove seeds. Peel cucumbers, cut in half and scoop out Costco Member
seeds. Chop mangoes, papayas and cucumbers into Bill Beeh
2 ripe mangoes
2 ripe papayas
2 medium cucumbers
16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 limes (zest and juice)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups olive oil
Juice of 4 lemons, plus 4 lemons cut in quarters
24 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 cup fresh rosemary
Ground black pepper
4 racks of lamb
cubes. Place in mixing bowl with mint.
2. Add lime zest and juice, and sugar to taste. (It should taste
sweet and tart.) Mix. Refrigerate, covered, 12-24 hours.
3. Combine olive oil, lemon juice and quarters, garlic, rosemary and pepper to taste in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. The Oppenheimer Group and
4. Place lamb in plastic bag with marinade. Marinate in California Strawberry Commission
refrigerator 12-24 hours, turning every 3-4 hours. Kiwi-Strawberry Chicken
5. Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade. This dish makes a stunning presentation.
Salt and pepper lamb on both sides.
6. Grill lamb over medium-hot coals 8-10 minutes each
2 cups halved California Strawberries
side, or until medium-rare. Let lamb rest 10 minutes.
6 kiwifruit (green or gold), peeled and sliced*
7. Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce
2 cups cubed cantaloupe
volume by 50 percent. Strain.
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
8. Slice lamb between ribs ( 4 ribs per serving). Pour 1/4 cup olive oil
reduced marinade over lamb. Serve with a generous side 1/4 cup chopped shallots
of salsa and fresh asparagus. Makes 8 servings. 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 chicken breast halves
Combine all fruits and tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate
2 hours. Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté shallots until soft.
Add vinegar and pepper and heat to boiling. Drizzle hot
dressing over fruit and stir. Grill chicken. Spoon warm fruit
compote over chicken. Makes 8 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.