Costco Photo Contest 2006 Official Rules
1. To enter, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-
12. Entries must be postmarked by September 30,
white or color picture ( 4" x 6" or 5" x 7") with the entry 2006. Award winners will be notified by December
form securely affixed to the back. All digital entries 2006. Winners will be notified by mail.
must be submitted as 4" x
13. Mail entries to: Costco Photo Contest, P.O. Box 34088,
photo-quality prints. Seattle, WA 98124-1088.
2. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.”
14. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by
Winning entries will be those that best reflect the law, where a license is required or where subject to
theme. Decisions of the judges are final. tax (other than tax on prizes awarded). All federal,
3. Photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name, provincial, state and local taxes are the sole
I nternational G rand P rize address, membership number and telephone number responsibility of the winners.
have been written legibly on the entry form and
15. All fees and personal expenses incident to redemption
attached to the back of the photo. of prizes (as deemed necessary) will be the sole
$2,500 Costco Cash card (or equivalent)
4. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter. responsibility of the winners.
5. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of
16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notifica-
N ational P rizes Costco. No prizes will be awarded until entrant’s mem- tion. If not claimed by this date, the prizes will be
bership status has been verified as current by Costco. forfeited. All claims thereto following this date will
F irst P rize: $1,500 Costco Cash card
6. One entry per membership cardholder; additional be null and void.
entries will be disqualified. Previously published
17. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the
S econd P rize: $1,000 Costco Cash card photographs are acceptable. sole discretion of the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
T hird P rize: $500 Costco Cash card
7. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of
18. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her
entries submitted. name, likeness, city, winning photo and negative may
All winners will also receive: A Fuji QuickSnap Flash
8. Photos must be suitable for family viewing. be used by Costco for promotional and publication
one-time-use camera and a scrapbook or photo album.
9. Contestants must know the names and purposes without additional compensation. Prior to
receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign
(Honorable mentions to be awarded at judges’ discretion.) addresses of all identifiable people in their
photograph. a release provided by Costco to this effect and obtain
10. All entries become the property of Costco. Receipt of a release or permission from anyone with proprietary
entries cannot be acknowledged and entries cannot rights in the winning photograph (such as artwork,
be returned. Costco assumes no responsibility for trademarks or a person’s likeness). Refusal or inability
submitted photographs. to provide such releases or permissions will result in
11. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation and entrant’s disqualification in this photo contest, and
members of their immediate families (spouse/domes- any prizes will be forfeited.
tic partner and any children over
18 years old living
19. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the
with the employee and having a valid Costco card) are contest should any cause beyond the control of
not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsoring compa- Costco affect the administration, security, fairness,
nies or members of their immediate families are not integrity or proper operation of the contest, or for any
eligible to enter. A separate contest will be held for other reason it deems appropriate, at its sole and
Costco employees and their immediate families. absolute discretion.
This year, entering the Costco International Photo
Contest will be easier than ever. Whether it’s a photo
you took hours to set up or one you grabbed in a
second, it will take only a few minutes for you to send in
your entry. So get snapping!
Contest starts July 1, 2006
Cut out and tape
this entry form Member Name
to the back of a
44"x 6" or 5"x 7" Address
photo and mail to:
City State Zip Code
Photo Contest Home Phone
P.O. Box 34088 Membership No.
98124-1088 Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.
All entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2006.
ub elecmit e on ntries tr ically.
Details in the