Sweet and Sour Pineapple Grilled Fish
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE6
2 teaspoons peanut oil, plus more 1 tablespoon lemon juice
for grilling 2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup each red and green 1 1/2 cups Del Monte* Gold Extra
bell pepper cut into Sweet Pineapple
3/4-inch squares chunks, drained
3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 4 to 6 6-ounce fish fillets
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (halibut, salmon or other
3/4 cup pineapple juice firm-textured fish)
1/4 cup plum sauce Salt and pepper
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add peppers, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are
just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, plum sauce, lemon juice
and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil,
reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in pineapple and lemon peel; heat briefly.
4. Lightly brush fish on both sides with oil. Season to taste with salt
and pepper. Cook fish in a preheated ridged grill pan (or on a grill) over
medium to high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about
5. Serve sauce over fish with cooked rice, if desired. Makes 4-6 servings
(about 2 cups sauce).
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.