Carrot Cake Cupcakes
12 paper bake cups
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups flour
1 large egg
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup applesauce
1 16-ounce container ready-to-
spread cream cheese frosting
3 ounces Jelly Belly jelly
beans, orange sherbet or
Shredded coconut, tinted green
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bake cups in a muffin pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking
powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, combine carrots, applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla until
blended. Add to the flour mixture and stir well.
4. Spoon batter into bake cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 20-25 minutes,
or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let
6. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
7. Use jelly beans and green coconut to design a carrot shape on each cupcake.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Fill the bottom of a serving tray with a layer of jelly beans and nestle
the cupcakes among them for a tempting presentation that guests can