Date and Grape Salad
BARD VALLEY MEDJOOL DATE GROWERS/
STEVCO/MAS MELONS & GRAPES5
1 1/2 cups cubed Mas Melons & Grapes honeydew melon
1 1/2 cups cubed Mas Melons & Grapes* cantaloupe
1 cup sliced fresh peaches
1 cup Stevco* seedless grapes
1 cup pitted Medjool dates, chopped
3/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 tablespoon corn oil or safflower oil
2 medium bananas, sliced
Romaine lettuce leaves
1 basket strawberries
1. In a large bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, peaches, grapes, dates,
cheese and almonds. Toss lightly.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine honey, limeade concentrate and oil. Beat
3. Add dressing and bananas to the fruit mixture. Toss gently.
4. Line a salad bowl with romaine leaves. Spoon salad into the prepared bowl.
Garnish with strawberries. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Apple and Blue Cheese Slaw
1 1/2 6-ounce packages Prize Slice* Organic Red Apple Slices,
1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1 tablespoon grated sweet onion
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1. Combine apples and cabbage in a medium bowl.
2. Mix salad dressing, onion and vinegar in a small bowl.
3. Pour half of dressing over the salad, stir to mix and toss in blue cheese
crumbles. Add more dressing as desired.
4. Serve chilled. Makes 4-6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.