5 ounces Daniele* sliced Hot Calabrese
5 ounces Daniele* sliced Hot Capocollo
5 ounces Daniele* sliced Peppered Genoa Salame
5 ounces sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil
20 slices crusty Italian bread
1. Fan out the sliced meats on a platter, placing a slice of cheese
between every few slices of meat.
2. Garnish with olives and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Serve bread on the side. Makes 20 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
1-ounce piece Parmigiano-Reggiano or aged Parmesan cheese
1 6-ounce can Lindsay large black ripe pitted olives, drained
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Small frilled wooden picks or colorful cocktail picks
Red lettuce leaves
1. Cut cheese into 1/4-inch pieces. Stuff 1 piece into each olive.
2. Cut prosciutto into 3-by-1/2-inch strips. Fold each strip lengthwise once
to form 3-by-1/4-inch strips.
3. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each olive and secure with a pick.
4. Arrange lettuce on a serving plate. Place the stuffed olives on the lettuce.
Cover and chill for up to 24 hours before serving.
5. Serve cold or at room temperature. Makes 24 servings (about 48 olives).