A really great picture could be a winner in the
Costco International Photo Contest. Entering is easy,
and winners will receive a variety of prizes from
Costco and contest sponsors. So if you haven’t
already, get out your camera and capture that
International Grand Prize
$2,500 Costco Cash Card (or cash equivalent)
First Prize: $1,500 Costco Cash Card,
Adobe Photoshop Elements*
Second Prize: $1,000 Costco Cash Card,
Adobe Photoshop Elements*
Third Prize: $500 Costco Cash Card,
Adobe Photoshop Elements*
Contest Winners Publishing House will also offer first-,
second- and third-place winners a publishing contract
with an advance royalty payment of $500 for first
place and $300 for second and third place.
Honorable mentions receive:
A copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements*
(Number of honorable mention prizes at discretion of judges.)
*Value of $80
No purchase or payment of any kind is
necessary to enter or win this contest.
ADOBE® PHOTOSHOP® ELEMENTS
The #1 selling consumer
76 ;e Costco Connection JANUARY 2010
** Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking
Service (April 2002 to March 2011)
based on units sold (U.S. only).
Submit online at
or cut out and tape this
entry form to the back of a
4" x 6" photo and mail to:
P.O. Box 34088
All entries must be postmarked
by September 30, 2012.
Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.
1. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.” Winning
entries will be those that best re;ect the theme. Decisions of the
judges are ;nal.
2. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of Costco.
No prizes will be awarded until entrant’s membership status has
been veri;ed as current by Costco.
3. One entry per membership cardholder. Except for those photos
that have previously won this photo contest, previously published
photographs are acceptable.
4. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
5. To enter online, visit www.costcophotocontest.com. Online
entries must be in JPEG format.
6. To enter by mail, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-white
or color photograph ( 4" x 6") with the entry form securely af;xed to
the back. If entering by mail, save a high-quality print (which will be
required by Costco in the event you are a winner). No CDs or ;lm
negatives will be accepted.
7. Mailed-in photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name,
home address, membership number and telephone number have
been written legibly on the entry form and attached to the back of
the photo. Mail entries to: Costco Members Photo Contest,
P.O. Box 34088, Seattle, WA 98124-1088.
8. Entries must be postmarked or uploaded by midnight (PST),
September 30, 2012. Award winners will be noti;ed by December
2012. Winners will be noti;ed by mail.
9. All photographic prints submitted become the property of
Costco. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged and prints will
not be returned. Costco assumes no responsibility for submitted
photographs. Entrant will continue to own copyright of the entry.
10. Photos must be suitable for family viewing.
11. Winning entrants must agree to grant to Costco a non-
exclusive right to publish the photo and entrant’s name in any
medium in connection with the photo contest, and to sign any
documentation required by Costco to effect or perfect such
license. Each winner represents that he or she has all the rights
necessary to grant this license.
12. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her name,
likeness, city, winning photo and negative or digital ;le may be
used by Costco for promotional and publication purposes without
additional compensation. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will
be required to sign a release provided by Costco to this effect and
obtain a release or permission from anyone with rights in the
winning photograph (such as artwork, trademarks or a person’s
likeness). Failure to provide such releases or permissions will
result in entrant’s disquali;cation in this photo contest, and any
prizes will be forfeited.
13. All fees and personal expenses incidental to redemption of prizes
(as deemed necessary) will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
14. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the sole discretion
of the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
15. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, where a
license is required or where subject to tax (other than tax on prizes
awarded). All federal, provincial, state and local taxes are the sole
responsibility of the winners.
16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of noti;cation. If not
claimed by this date, the prizes will be forfeited. All claims thereto
following this date will be null and void.
17. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation, board members
and members of their families (spouse/domestic partner and any
children age 18 years or older living with the employee and having a
valid Costco card) are not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsoring
companies or members of their families are not eligible to enter. A
separate contest will be held for Costco employees, board members
and their families.
18. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest
should any cause beyond the control of Costco affect the admin-
istration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the
contest, or for any other reason it deems appropriate, at its sole
and absolute discretion.