EINSTEIN BROS. BAGELS
Grilled Bagel and
1 each yellow, red and green bell pepper
2 cups vine-ripe tomatoes cut in 1/2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper
4 Kirkland Signature by Noah’s New York plain bagels
1. Preheat grill.
2. Grill, peel and dice peppers in 1/2-inch cubes. Combine peppers,
tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, vinegar, basil, and salt and
pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
3. Split bagels in half. Lightly brush oil on cut side of bagels. Grill to
4. Slice the grilled bagel halves in half again so that you have 4 grilled
pieces per bagel. Spread evenly with the topping. Garnish with shaved
Asiago cheese and serve on a platter. Makes 12-16 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
BC HOT HOUSE
Tricolor Tomato Bruschetta
2 1/2 cups chopped seeded BC Hot House* tricolor
(red, yellow, orange) tomatoes
8-10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1 baguette loaf
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Place tomatoes in a sieve and let drain. In a bowl, combine tomatoes,
sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, basil, garlic, vinegar, oil, Parmesan, and
salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature for several hours.
2. Preheat broiler. Cut 16 half-inch slices from the baguette and place on
a baking sheet. Spray both sides of slices with olive oil spray. Toast on both
sides under the broiler.
3. To serve, top each slice of baguette toast with a heaping mound of topping.
Makes 4-6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.