King Crab with
Chardonnay Beurre Blanc Sauce
2 pounds Aqua Star king crab legs, thawed and prepared according
to package directions
BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
1 tablespoon salted butter, plus 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold salted butter,
cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 garlic cloves, minced (or shallots)
1/3 cup Chardonnay
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground white pepper
1. Prepare Beurre Blanc Sauce: In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter
over medium heat. Add garlic or shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes, or
2. Add wine and cook until reduced by three-quarters.
3. Remove pan from heat and add butter cubes one at a time, whisking
until completely melted. Add parsley and season to taste with pepper.
4. Serve immediately, using the Beurre Blanc as a dipping sauce for the
crab legs. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: As a variation, add red pepper flakes to the sauce for color and heat.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons margarine, soft tub
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2/3 cup dry white wine
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup canned or bottled clam juice
1 pound Phillips* Crab Meat
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
8 ounces dried spinach-flavored pasta (such as fettuccine), cooked until
al dente and drained
1. Heat oil and margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and
cook until lightly browned.
2. Add wine, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and clam
juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
3. Gently stir in crab meat and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve crab mixture over spinach pasta. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.