Salmon Baked in Parchment
1 4 1/2-ounce package long-grain and wild rice mix
1 small zucchini
1 medium carrot
4 Aquafarms skinless salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
CITRUS BASIL RUB
1 tablespoon chopped lemon peel
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut four 15-inch squares of parchment paper.
Fold in half and cut to make large heart shapes when unfolded.
2. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Slice zucchini and carrot
3. To prepare the rub, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
4. For each serving, open a paper heart and spoon 1/2 cup of the rice mixture
onto the right side; top with 3-4 pieces each of zucchini and carrot. Top with
salmon fillet. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon
of the rub, covering the entire fillet.
5. Fold the left side of the heart over the salmon. Starting at the top, tightly
seal the packet by making a series of short, narrow overlapping folds along
the open edge. Twist the bottom tip and turn up.
6. Arrange packets on a cookie sheet or 10-by-15-by-1-inch pan. Bake for
13-15 minutes. Carefully open a packet to test that salmon flakes easily with
a fork. To serve, cut an X through the top layer of paper and fold back the
points. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.