1 1/2 pounds Kirkland Signature ground beef
1 cup grated or finely diced Colby or Edam cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
2-3 slices bread, broken into crumbs
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, combine ground beef, cheese, parsley, onion, egg, bread
crumbs, barbecue sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mold into 8 evenly
2. Cook over medium heat on a greased barbecue or in a frying pan for
5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked to taste.
3. Alternatively, broil the burgers under medium-high heat for the same
amount of time until cooked and golden.
4. Serve the burgers on crispy buns with sliced beets, sliced tomato
and lettuce, accompanied by your favorite potato salad. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Allyson Gofton, Hot Ideas for Beef and Lamb.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Kung Pao Tuna
CHICKEN OF THE SEA
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sake (Japanese rice wine)
1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 6-ounce cans Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna in water
or Albacore Tuna in water, drained
4 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sake and red pepper
flakes until well blended.
2. Stir in peanuts, bell pepper and onion.
3. Gently flake and fold in tuna; mix until ingredients are blended.
4. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, serve in lettuce cups.
Makes 4 servings.