DNE WORLD FRUIT
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon finely shredded Florida orange peel
1 cup Florida orange juice
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 Florida oranges, peeled, sliced and seeded
2 Florida grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and seeded
1 cup halved seedless green and/or red grapes
6 angel-cake wedges or meringue shells
1. In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange
peel and orange juice. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened
and bubbly. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes more. Remove
sauce from heat; stir in lemon juice. Cover and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, combine oranges, grapefruit and grapes in a 1 1/2-quart
bowl. Pour orange sauce over fruit and stir. Cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
3. To serve, spoon fruit mixture over cake wedges or into meringue shells.
Makes 6 servings.
Asian Pears with Gingered Pluot Sauce
6 Dinosaur Brand pluots, pitted
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
4 large Kingsburg Orchards Asian pears, chilled
1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans
Whipped cream or crème fraîche
1. Puree pluots in a food processor.
2. Combine lemon juice, water and brown sugar in a saucepan. Add pluot
puree and cook mixture on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Slice pears into 1/4-inch wedges and arrange slices in a pinwheel
pattern on 6 dessert plates. Spoon sauce over pears and top with toasted
nuts and a dollop of whipped cream or crème fraîche. Makes 6 servings.