The “Great Pumpkin” Pumpkin Pie
1/2 15-ounce package refrigerated piecrust
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
3/4 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup half-and-half
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Unfold piecrust; press out fold lines. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan
according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp.
3. Stir together pumpkin, SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, brown sugar,
cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and half-and-half until blended. Add eggs
and vanilla, stirring until well blended. Pour filling into piecrust.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until set in the center. Cool completely on a
wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE
Nonstick cooking spray
1 prepared thin-crust 12-inch pizza crust
8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 banana, peeled and sliced
4 cups assorted fresh fruit from Del Monte* fruit tray: grapes,
mango, pineapple and strawberries
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup pecans or pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on the pan
and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
3. In a small bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread mixture
over cooled crust.
4. Arrange banana slices in a layer over cream cheese mixture.
5. Arrange remaining fruit slices in circles on bananas, varying colors
6. Sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
7. Cut into 10 wedges. Makes 10 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.