Fruit Gold Tart
1 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
2 large packages instant vanilla pudding
2-2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
2 I.M. RIPE plums, sliced
2 I.M. RIPE nectarines, sliced
2 I.M. RIPE peaches, sliced
3 tablespoons all-fruit jam, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix crumbs with margarine; press into the bottom and slightly up the
sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake for 6 minutes,
or until crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk, whisking vigorously
to blend. Pour into the tart pan.
4. Sprinkle dried apricots over filling. Arrange sliced fruit on top. Brush
fruit with jam to glaze. Chill until ready to serve (best within 4 hours).
5. To serve, gently slip off pan sides. This tart base is delicate, so after
cutting, gently slide each wedge onto a dessert plate using a wide metal
spatula. Makes 6 servings.
Fresh Fruit Tart
1 1/2 cups flour 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons confectioners’ 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
sugar 8 ounces frozen whipped dessert
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened topping, thawed
1 egg 2 Fowler Packing peaches or
1 Fowler Packing plum, sliced
1/2 cup red or green Samsons
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the crust, mix flour and confectioners’sugar in a medium
bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Whisk egg and stir into the
dough. Knead to form a ball. Press dough onto the bottom and sides of a
9-inch round fluted tart pan with removable rim. Bake for 12-15 minutes,
or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
3. To make the filling, place cream cheese and confectioners’sugar in a
medium bowl and beat well. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Spread filling in the cooled tart shell. Top with fresh fruit. Slice and
serve. Makes 8 servings.