Upside-Down Mango Ginger Cake
1 32-ounce package Ready Pac fresh mango
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 14 1/2-ounce box gingerbread mix
3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine 12 mango slices, orange juice concentrate and lime juice in a large
bowl. Toss to mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Place butter in a 9-by-2-inch round cake pan and put in the oven until
butter is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle brown sugar over
butter. Arrange mango slices in an attractive pattern over sugar.
4. Prepare gingerbread according to package directions; pour batter over
mangoes. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the
center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert on a platter.
5. Meanwhile, place cream in a small chilled bowl. Whip with an electric
mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. By hand, whisk in sour cream
and confectioners’ sugar.
6. To serve, cut cake in wedges and top with a dollop of whipped cream
mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.