Coffee Banana Bread
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE/SARA LEE
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups hot brewed Kirkland Signature coffee
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla. Add
dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Slowly add hot coffee, mixing until
combined. Add mashed bananas and blend thoroughly.
4. Pour into 2 greased and floured 5-by-9-inch loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour,
or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 2 loaves.
Bing Cherry Cream Cheese Nut Bread
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 8-ounce package cream
1 cup sugar
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
2 cups pitted M&R* Bing cherries,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans,
1 teaspoon baking soda
Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 5-by-9-inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and eggs
and mix well.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, pineapple and cherries to butter mixture.
Add vanilla and mix well. Stir in pecans.
5. Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove to the wire rack
to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners’sugar before slicing,
if desired. Makes 2 loaves.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.