Asian Pear and Pluot Salad
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
5 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 large Kingsburg Orchards Asian pear, cored and thinly sliced
2 Dinosaur Brand pluots, pitted and thinly sliced
10 cups mixed salad greens
2 green onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup crispy chow mein noodles
1. Combine sesame oil, vegetable oil, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, soy
sauce, mustard and salt in a small bowl and whisk together. May be
prepared ahead and refrigerated.
2. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
3. Whisk the dressing well, pour over the salad mixture, toss and serve.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Southwest Chicken and Pear Salad
ALL STATE PACKERS/
3 Bartlett or Bosc pears, cored and sliced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
12 ounces cooked chicken, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1 cup seeded and diced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped green chiles
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Dip pears in lemon juice; arrange on lettuce leaves with chicken slices.
2. In a bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, chiles, onion, garlic, chopped
cilantro, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over pears and chicken.
3. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Makes 4 servings.