Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Toasted
Garlic and Loads of Herbs
BC HOT HOUSE
1 16-ounce box spaghetti
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
6 medium-sized BC Hot House tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until
tender but still firm.
2. Meanwhile, pour oil into a large skillet set over medium heat. Add garlic
and stir until lightly browned and toasted, about 3 minutes.
3. Immediately add tomatoes and salt and toss in the oil until warmed
through but not cooked. Remove the skillet from the heat.
4. When the spaghetti is done, drain it and toss with the tomatoes in the
skillet (or in the pasta pot if the skillet is not large enough). Sprinkle with the
herbs and cheese and toss again.
5. Tip the pasta out onto a large warm platter and serve right away.
Makes 4 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.