Chicken with Mangoes
9 ounces Philippine Brand*
dried mangoes, halved
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves, cut in
3 cups vegetable oil
1 thin slice fresh ginger
1 green bell pepper, sliced
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons dry sherry
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 green onion, cut into 8 pieces
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1. Soak mangoes in 4 cups lukewarm water for 1 1/2 hours; drain.
2. Combine flour, 1 cup water, salt and baking powder; let stand
for 15 minutes. Stir in chicken.
3. Heat oil in a wok to boiling (375°F). Fry chicken strips until
4. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon oil. Stir-fry ginger over medium heat
until lightly browned. Add peppers.
5. Combine 3/4 cup water, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch,
bouillon and sesame oil. Add to wok and cook, stirring, until it boils.
Add green onion and simmer for 3 minutes. Add chicken and mangoes;
cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
and Artichoke Pizza
3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 Kirkland Signature Take-and-Bake 17-inch cheese pizza
2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
2-3 frozen boneless mesquite-grilled chicken breasts, thawed, cut in
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup shredded Italian Asiago cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Arrange tomato slices evenly over entire pizza. Add artichokes and
cubed chicken. Cover with red onion rings and top with shredded Asiago.
3. Combine Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Sprinkle over the pizza. Garnish with chopped parsley.
4. Place pizza directly on the center oven rack and bake for 12-15
minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and the crust is a
light golden brown. Remove pizza from the oven and let sit for
3 minutes before cutting and serving. Makes 4-6 servings.